Master the Object-Oriented Mindset in Ruby and Rails (MOOM) is a compilation of everything I've learned about writing flexible and comprehensible OO code over my two decades as a software developer, distilled and applied to practical Ruby and Rails examples. Rather than teaching a comprehensive “system” for OO design, MOOM focuses on inspiration: giving you the tools you need to identify the “missing objects” to decompose your applications into small, cohesive parts.
MOOM is a self-paced course that includes:
- Two dozen fast-paced video lessons selected from the renowned RubyTapas archives, with new introductory material and “food for thought” exercises.
- The Capacitor Sessions, a series of fifteen recorded pair-programming sessions, showing how the object-oriented mindset is applied on a real-world Rails project. The sessions are further broken down into tightly edited ~20 minute episodes, in order to make them easy to consume. In my personal opinion, these videos alone are easily worth the price of admission.*
- 8 recorded hour-long Q&A sessions with industry experts like Justin Searls, Betsy Haibel, Ben Orenstein, Noel Rappin, and Corey Haines.
- Supplemental reading and viewing: curated pointers to best-of-the-best talks, articles, and papers on OO thinking.
- A dedicated forum for sharing and learning from other students.
- Almost $300 in course-exclusive savings on related books and courses from Sandi Metz, Katrina Owen, Kent Beck, Justin Weiss, and many others.
*Note: The Capacitor Sessions videos are fully recorded, but some of them are still in post-production. Course members receive emailed updates as the episodes are released.
Buying for a team? A 20% discount will be applied to purchases of 5 or more seats. A 25% discount will be applied to purchases of 10+ seats. The discount will be applied on the checkout screen.
If the button says the course is currently sold out, you can click here to get on the MOOM waiting list!